How to keep Windows 10 always updated?

Hi,

I manage a small shop which has 2 Windows 10 computers, the staff is complaining about Windows 10 update. Sometimes when they log in their PC in a hurry Windows 10 updates screen started to appear which takes sometime longer time because of this they have to keep their customer await.

Now I need to find a way to keep their PC always updated but I don’t know how I have to proceed because we do not have any control when Microsoft is pushing the update and for what reason and how long the update will take to complete.

If anyone has any suggestions to keep the PC updated in a proper way I will happy to hear any suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Microsoft has a pattern of releasing a larger number of updates in even-numbered months, and fewer in odd-numbered months Minor updates are also released outside Patch Tuesday. Daily updates consist of malware database refreshes for Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials. Sometimes there is an extraordinary Patch Tuesday, two weeks after the regular Patch Tuesday. Some updates could be released at any time.

Enable Automatic Update in Windows 10

Make sure those PC is set to receive update automatically when Microsoft releases the updates.

1. Type gpedit.msc in search and select run as administrator

2. Follow the below path in Local Group Policy Editor,
    Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update

3. As shown in the above image, make sure Configure Automatic Updates is set to either Not configured or Enable

4. If the status for this policy is set to Disabled, any updates that are available on Windows Update must be downloaded and installed manually.

4 Likes