Windows 10: This App has been blocked by your System Administrator

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and also not a computer expert so I expect a detailed explanation if possible on my problem.

I have one Windows 10 PC with version 1809 running. I have been using one third party App from Microsoft Store all of sudden for the past two days this App is not working. I should say that before today whenever I tried to open this program I always got a message asking if I wanted to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device.

I’d click “yes” and the program would open and run. Starting today if I try to open the program I get the " This App has been blocked by your System Administrator" message and can not start the program.

I tried to install the same App with my own credential in my brother PC which is working fine!! So, what could be the problem here?

Thanks in Advance.

2 Likes

Hi
First, you will check if the app is blocked
Right-click on the app select properties and find security in the general tab then check the checkbox next to unblock
If not working try to disable windows smart screen features.
To disable it go to search and type SmartScreen then select “app and browser control” and try to find “check apps and files” select off on the checkbox
And please let me know if that helps you or not

1 Like

Hi @Carissa,

Are you or your company using any App locker policy? If yes please contact your system admin otherwise follow the below registry and let us know if this was helpful.

Login as an administrator Launch regedit (Start > Run > Regedit) Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System Change ConsentPromptBehaviorUser to a value of 3

1 Like