Blank blue screen while installing windows 10

Hi,

I have tried restarting, booting safe mode (which I realized no longer works with Win10), and booting with the USB. So I was planning to reformat my old pc & install new os/clean install but when I tried to boot with the bootable USB drive, it just gives me a black screen after the blue windows logo. I tried waiting for 20 minutes but nothing happens, just black screen. But the USB is running (has a light), keyboard & mouse both have lights and CPU is running correctly as well so I don’t really have a clue on what’s going on.

All these things end with either just a black screen after the logo and spinning icon (for several hours as I slept, approx. 6 hours), or just a black screen after saying Automatic Repair. I can’t get to any menus after this to do anything useful.

After installing the Boot to a USB flash drive, I went to the BIOS Boot Options and chose USB boot and still only get a blank black screen while the fan is running.

The current os of my old plc is windows 7, I’m reformatting it to install a clean version of Windows 10.

I’d really appreciate any help it. Thanks!

Hello,
Please check the link below
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/a-blank-blue-screen-occurs-while-installing/367ee819-4099-430a-b0f6-63cf7ae598b6

Hello

Please provide PC specifications: CPU, RAM.

It may be RAM issue

If you are experiencing a blank or blue screen in Windows 10/11, you can try the following solutions to fix the issue:

1. Restart your computer: a fast reboot can sometimes solve short-term software issues that cause white or blue screens to appear.

2. Check hardware connections: Make sure all cords, like the power cord and screen wire, are safely connected to your computer. Include any other extra things needed for it too!

3. Disconnect external devices: Switch off any extra toys like memory sticks, printer or other things that aren’t needed because they might be causing issues.

4. Boot into Safe Mode: Switch on your computer and repeatedly press the F8 key (or Shift + F8 for Windows 10) when it begins. This will give you access to a special menu called Advanced Boot Options. Next, choose “Safe Mode” to see if the issue still exists. If not, it might point to a problem with a new program or computer setup.

5. Update graphics drivers: Bad or outdated picture drivers can cause screen troubles. Go to the website where your video card was made and get the latest drivers.

6. Run Startup Repair: If Windows doesn’t start well, you can use a Startup Repair tool. Power down your computer and then restart it. When the Windows sign appears, press and keep holding down the button that turns off power until everything stops running. Do this three times and then repeat it for the fourth time; Windows will move to Advanced Startup Options. After that, pick “Troubleshooting” then move to “Advanced options”. Finally, you have to choose and click on the option called

7. Run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM: Use Command Prompt and be an admin. Then type “sfc /scannow” and hit the Enter key afterwards. This list will check and fix any computer files that are not OK. You can also use the “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” command to fix any problems with Windows.

8. Perform a System Restore: If the problem started recently, you can use ‘system restore’ to fix your computer. This will help make it good again with an earlier version that worked adequately beforehand. Use the Control Panel tool, look for ‘Recovery’, and choose “Start System Restore”. Do what the screen asks, and it will help fix your computer.

9. Reset Windows: If all else fails, consider resetting Windows. Open the Settings app, navigate to “Update & Security” > “Recovery,” and click “Get started” under “Reset this PC.” Choose “Keep my files” or “Remove everything” based on your preference.

If these steps don’t work to solve the issue, maybe it will be helpful to ask for assistance from a professional or contact Microsoft Support. It could give more support than needed till you fix your problem correctly!