BSOD error with stop code 0xc000021a in Windows 10

Hi.

Now my computer is completely broken. I get the stop code 0xc000021a no matter what I do. I have tried everything possible at the start-up and I get the same stop code. I get the same stop code when trying to install windows clean from a USB device. I have also reset BIOS. I can’t start the PC in safe mode, I can’t run diagnostics, I can’t recover windows from an earlier point. Same stop code no matter what.

Now I even tried to physically remove all hard drives, put in a new one, and tried to install windows here. Even here I get the same stop code. I have tested the windows-installer (USB) on a different computer, and the stick is just fine.

I don’t want to reset my windows 10 as I last month only installed and configured it. I am using a lot of software and games in it and I don’t want to do that again

Is there any solution to this??

Hello,
The 0xC000021A error can occur if Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe stops working. This happens if:

1. There were corrupt system files in the computer.
  2. There was a failed upgrade.
  3. Incomplete installation of a software program.

Unplug all external devices like flash drive, printer and scanner etc., (except mouse and keyboard) connected to the computer and restart the system to check if the computer boots to the desktop screen.

If you are still not able to boot, the usual fix for this is to repair your BCD in Command Prompt by Booting from your Installer and choosing Repair My Computer.

Let us try to repair the Windows using the ISO file.

Refer to the following link to download Windows 10 ISO file and create installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

1. Insert the Windows 10 DVD and restart your computer
  2. Boot from the DVD.
  3. Choose your language and click next.
  4. Click Repair Your Computer and then select Command Prompt and try the following commands:
    bootrec /fixMBR
    bootrec /fixBoot
    bootrec /rebuildBCD

Restart the computer.

Disclaimer : Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

As you have tried start-up repair and rebuild BCD, the next step to resolve the issue is reseting the PC.

If the issue still persist after repairing the BCD(Boot Configuration Data), let us try to reset your PC by choosing Keep my files, this will:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
  • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
  • Removes changes you made to settings.
  • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer to the section Reset your PC in the following article:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Disclaimer : All of your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled. If you upgraded your PC from previous version of Windows, resetting your PC will restore earlier version. You’ll need to upgrade again after the reset has finished.

1 Like