Can we Skip a Windows 10 Feature Update?

Dear friends,

I am working as a system admin for a small IT company where I am responsible for all the IT related stuff. Since, everyone aware Microsoft release a minimum of 2 features updates every year. Now we are using Windows 10 version 1809 and we need to upgrade to the next version due to supporting being ended for Windows 10 version 1809 soon.

So, now I have 3 Windows 10 features update Windows 10 1903, Windows 10 1909, and Windows 10 2004. Which I should be better and why?

Is skipping the Windows 10 feature updates is safe or does it causes any issues to the device?

Just curious to ask this question hope this helps other also.

Thanks
Justin

10 Likes

Hi @JustinB, a good question though, I was also thinking this for a long time. I manage over 500 devices where I did skip a few updates but not investigate the serious about it. I hope someone explains here.

5 Likes

We never had any issues from Windows 10 version 1509. We are always skipping the summer update and find no problem at all. I don’t exactly know the impact and Microsoft explanation to this but in our experience we never had any issues So, I think you have safely skip any versions you want or don’t want.

1 Like

As @Fletcher has mentioned don’t ask me why. I also think its safer to skip Windows 10 any version. In my work place I have mixed the version while installing like PC was running to Windows 10 version 1709 and I installed Windows 10 version 1703 a previous version and I never had any compatibility or BSOD error.

1 Like