Cloud Download. How to reset Windows 10 PC using Cloud Download recovery option

Microsoft has released one new feature called Cloud Download, Recover from the cloud option which lets you download a fresh copy Windows 10 version to your device to help you reset your PC. Windows 10 has lots of problems, for all the problems the final solution is to reset Windows 10 device to get a new fresh copy of error-free Windows 10.

Windows 10 recovery option has a feature called Reset this PC that allows us to rollback your device to the factory settings to resolve performance, startup, memory usage, and virtually any software related problems. But in order to use this Reset this PC option you need to have a local copy of your Windows 10 image aka Windows 10 .iso file.

What if the Windows 10 image you have is corrupted or damaged or you are not sure about the image files. Now you no more need to worry about this. Using Windows 10 Cloud Download recovery option Microsoft will automatically download the same exact from to your PC during the Reset process.

How to use the Cloud Download Recovery option?

Open setting page in your Windows 10 device. Click Update & Security and click Get started button in Reset this PC option or simply follow the below process:

Please check the below process and follow the exact in your PC

Note: This Cloud Download process will download the Windows 10 Image files over the internet so in order to make this process complete successful you need to have enough internet bandwidth.

Thanks

10 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation @AnthonyD. It was very helpful. :grinning:

I am about to try this feature in one of my test PC. I think this will be very helpful to me because most of the time I forgot to take the bootable driver and this always delay my work. I hope this will save some of my valuable time.

Thanks

5 Likes

Hi @AnthonyD, Thank you for the detail information. I was able to learn something today on the New Windows 10 version 2004 cloud download feature.

1 Like