(Cloud Solutions Provider) for Office365 subscriptions

Hi,

Background:

For last few 3 year we started getting calls from multiple CSP (Cloud Solutions Provider) to buy the subscriptions via them. In the beginning we started to ignore them, as we are satisfied paying directly to Microsoft and we have our own IT Team taking care of all the stuff and we don’t want a third party in between.

Its seems Microsoft is forcing to migrate all the direct client with CSP program, our information has been shared with most of the CSP and repeatedly we cannot able explain everyone why we are ignoring.

We found one of our existing vendor also a CSP and planning to make them as our CSP.

The Question:
How much control will the CSP gain on our tenant?
What particular things do I need to look from them?
What will be the downside if we choose CSP?

Any other tips highly appreciated

Thanks

1 Like

There aren’t any downsides but you will need to share access with the partner.

1 Like

Hi @Srinee, there are no downside as far as I know, as Microsoft pushing all it’s customer to CSP model and they don’t want to interact with the end user.

But once your migrated to CSP model you cannot contact the Microsoft support your CSP is supposed to give you every support you need if required your CSP will contact the Microsoft on your behalf.

So, choose the right CSP make sure they can provide proper on time support

Migration will be quick you will get one email from the CSP upon confirming that your tenant migration will be done with no down time.

You change your CSP anytime if you are not satisfied with them.

CSP offer 30% lower price comparing to Microsoft direct portal purchase.

Your CSP only have your subscription details plus number of the license you are using

Note: No admin permission required for the CSP for migration if they ask don’t give them.

I hope the above information is useful for you if you have any questions please contact me.

1 Like

Hello,
You can find the relevant information in link below.