Commenced a full O365 migration without success

On one of my sites, I commenced a full O365 migration. SO far, many of the mailboxes were moved successfully and without any issues. Trouble started with one batch, where I got Azure AD failure when migration was complete (or incomplete if you will). This is the error message I am getting right now:

“Warning: The following failure occurred after the Active Directory modification completed: The domain controller ‘SN1PR16A001DC06.NAMPR16A001.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM’ is not available for use at the moment. Please try again.”

What might be the cause for this, especially if other batches were ok?

1 Like

Hello
Please follow the below link

Here are the steps to investigate and resolve the issue:

1. Check Domain Controller Availability:

• Verify connectivity: Use tools like Ping and NSLookup to confirm that you can reach the domain controller SN1PR16A001DC06.NAMPR16A001.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM from your migration server.
  • Check status: If you have access to Azure AD Connect, review the synchronization status to see if any errors or warnings are reported for that domain controller.
  • Contact Microsoft support: If the domain controller is unavailable, contact Microsoft support for further guidance.

2. Retry the Migration:

1. Review migration logs: Examine the logs for specific error details beyond the general warning message.
    1. Attempt resubmission: Sometimes, transient errors can be resolved by simply retrying the failed batch.

3. Isolate User Accounts:

If resubmission fails, isolate a few mailboxes from the problematic batch and try migrating them individually to pinpoint specific account issues.

4. Review Migration Tool Configuration:

• Settings verification: Double-check the configuration of your migration tool, including any authentication settings or specific domain controller preferences.
  • Update software: Ensure you’re using the latest migration tool version, as updates often address known issues.

5. Address Network Connectivity Issues:

• Firewall rules: Verify that necessary firewall rules allow communication between your migration server and the Azure AD domain controller.
  • Network stability: Check for any network outages or latency issues that might be hindering communication.

6. Consider Microsoft Support:

If the issue persists after these steps, engage Microsoft support for further troubleshooting and assistance. They can provide deeper insights into Azure AD health and configuration.