Computer keeps shutdown after upgrading to new Windows 10 update

Hello admins,

I have a desktop was running windows 7 perfectly. Last year I decided to upgrade the desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with version 1709. Now last week I upgraded my PC from Windows 10 version 1709 to Windows 10 version 1909. After then I keep getting random shutdown to my desktop automatically without any reason.

when I tried to install in legacy mode, it only got as far as finishing copying the files and then rebooting and then setting up the system, then it just shut down by itself. when I installed in UEFI mode, it’s a lot more complex. I managed to get into windows 10, activate, update, and all that, but the computer would randomly shut down after a while, and the event viewer doesn’t tell me anything because the computer had lost power before it logged what’s wrong.

originally the shut down would always happen as soon as I try to unplug the installer USB stick, but it appears to also shut down even when the stick is plugged in. Right now the current test install is using the legacy boot.

3 Likes