Could not confirm that the wp_version_check

Can someone tell me what is this about:
Could not confirm that the wp_version_check() filter is available.

What might this be, as I am operating a new WP address and currently have almost nothing on it? What might be the problem and what are the potential consequences if I ignore it?

1 Like

Do you using Jetpack plugin?
The issue may be with Jetpack plugin. Please deactivate Jetpack and refresh. Again active it, everything should be back to normal again. Many users are having issues with Jetpack.
If You are not using Jetpack, you can do this with other plugins one by one.

The error could be related to any of your plugin or theme you are using. There is a plugin called Health Check & Troubleshooting please install and activate it. You can use this plugin when your WordPress background updates are not working as expected or help you find possible errors related to your WordPress.

NOTE: This process will disable all your plugins and active theme temporarily in Troubleshoot mode. No changes made to your setting

“wp_version_check() function checks your WordPress version against the newest version. Error message ‘Could not confirm wp_version_check() filter availability’ means disconnection from update system.”

This disconnection is often caused by add-on code, like a plugin or a theme, intentionally blocking updates. Even if you have almost nothing on your new WordPress site, it’s possible that a default or pre-installed plugin or theme could be causing this issue.

Don’t ignore this issue for your WordPress site. Updates ensure security, bug fixes, and new features.
If you’re looking to resolve this error, you may want to attempt the following steps:

1. Try changing to the default theme to check if the issue persists.
  2. If the error is still there, deactivate all plugins.
  3. If the error goes away after deactivating the plugins, reactivate them individually. After each activation, check to see if the error returns.
  4. The plugin that causes the error to return is likely causing the problem.