Error 0x80080005 on Win 10 Update

I am getting an error 0x80080005 every time I try to update my OS (Windows 10). Searched Google for solutions, found nothing. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Hi @BernV,

Run Windows update troubleshooter which is a builtin tool provided by Microsoft an many cause it will help to sovle the issue., If Troubleshooter doesn’t work for you then you can fix windows update components using the command prompt.

Open cmd as administrator and run the following code:

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
pause
Exit

After successfully running all the commands try to update windows again. You will not get the update error 0x80080005 .

Hope this help. Let me know the result

Method 1: Deactivate Antivirus Software
Method 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Method 3: Type “ cleanmgr ” and hit ENTER in cmd
Method 4: * Go to the control panel and search for the Administrative tools .

• Next, you can click on Services to find Background Intelligent Transfer Service from the list. Once you have found the service, right-click to display the Properties
    Go to the general tab and then select Automatic (delayed start) as the startup type. You can then click on start to initialize the service.Changing BITS Startup Type to Automatic.

Now restart the Windows update.

Hello

open run window and type msconfig. and disable all none microsoft services, then go to startup tab and disable all applications. restart PC and try to update your OS

Hey there!
Check this link
It have the solution
https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-update-error-0x80080005/amp

Before activating Windows Update service, turn your anti-virus off. No matter if you are using Windows Defender or a third-party anti-virus. Disable it for a time and only then try to look for Windows Updates. If anti-virus is not the culprit of the 0x80080005 error, make sure to enable it. Do not let the PC unprotected.

B.R.