Error 80090016 on a trusted platform module

I got an error code 80090016 on a trusted platform module. It is a new Dell laptop I recently purchased for the employee and wanted him connected to my network. Should I create new Windows 10 account for him or is there something I can do about this situation?

Hi

Based on the error code, I assume that the issue is related to Trusted Platform Module(TPM). You need to check whether your TPM works properly. You try to back up your data and clear TPM. It will reset your security processor to its default settingsā€¦

let me know if the problem still persisting

Hi there,

Trying uninstalling the Trusted Platform Module from the Device Manager (under Security devices) and reboot your system. Or, create a new profile and see if you get the same error. It is likely that one or more module is corrupted.

Based on the error message, the issue is related to Trusted Platform Module(TPM). You need to check whether your TPM works correctly. You try to back up your data and clear TPM. It will reset your security processor to its default settings. For your reference click here to know more about Device protection in Windows Security.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.