My Google Chrome has been opening some advertisements randomly in tabs and after I did a Malwarebytes scan, there was nothing to be found. I checked in Task Manager, but also I wasn’t able to find the reason why it is happening. How can I fix this?
Reset your browser settings
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings .
- At the bottom, click Advanced .
- Chromebook, Linux, and Mac : Under “Reset Settings,” click Restore settings to their original defaults Reset Settings .
- Windows : Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings Reset Settings .
If you removed unwanted programs or reset your browser settings, you might need to turn some extensions back on. To turn extensions on, at the top right, click More More Tools Extensions . Only turn on extensions you trust.
This is the link provided by google support team that will help you to solve the problem.
Your PC has infected with adware. Since you are already scanned your PC with Malwarebytes. Adware could be ended up in your browser extension or cookies. Please check below post I hope this will help you solve the issue.
This link shows 5 solutions
Try the one that suits you best