Google Chrome opening random ads

My Google Chrome has been opening some advertisements randomly in tabs and after I did a Malwarebytes scan, there was nothing to be found. I checked in Task Manager, but also I wasn’t able to find the reason why it is happening. How can I fix this?

Reset your browser settings

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More|Autox18 and then|autox18 Settings .
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced .
  • Chromebook, Linux, and Mac : Under “Reset Settings,” click Restore settings to their original defaults and then|autox18 Reset Settings .
  • Windows : Under "Reset and cleanup,” click Reset Settings and then|autox18 Reset Settings .

If you removed unwanted programs or reset your browser settings, you might need to turn some extensions back on. To turn extensions on, at the top right, click More More|Autox18 and then|autox18 More Tools and then|autox18 Extensions . Only turn on extensions you trust.

1 Like

Hello @TurnerBro

This is the link provided by google support team that will help you to solve the problem.

Hi @TurnerBro,

Your PC has infected with adware. Since you are already scanned your PC with Malwarebytes. Adware could be ended up in your browser extension or cookies. Please check below post I hope this will help you solve the issue.

Hey there!
This link shows 5 solutions
Try the one that suits you best
https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/www.laptopmag.com/amp/articles/stop-pop-ups-chrome