How to activate Office 365 license in Offline mode

Hi Friends,

I have a computer that is that not supposed to not connected to the internet in any way. At the time of installation, I think a month before we installed office 365 application and activated successfully. When I tested all the software I’ll need for the project, including Microsoft Office 365 was working fine.

A week later, and I open Word to find this message: “Most of the features of Word have been disabled because this product requires an update”.

Now, Microsoft has already ruined many of my work sessions with this ridiculous internet-based licensing management. But now they’ve done it to a computer that - by contract with my client - CANNOT be connected to the internet.

How am I supposed to “update” this software without putting the computer online?

1 Like

Hi @NaveenD,

NO. You cannot active Office 365 licenses in offline mode.

Any device installed with Office 365 subscription must need to be connected to the Internet at least once every 30 days, then only All the Office application remains fully functional. If the computer goes offline for more than 30 days, Office enters reduced functionality mode until the next time a connection can be made.”

Please refer to this Microsoft Article:
https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/c88643dc-eaf1-4dc1-b126-1810f1caf7f1?upload=true which says:

As stated above for this scenario you need to use Office Professional application.

If you have an Office 365 subscription, you’ll also need to select Install Office > on the Installs page. In the Download and install window, select Other options. Check the box Download an offline installer and select the language you want to install Office in. Select Download.

for a detailed answer , go to this link :

Hello,
Please check this link.