How to disable ALT+TAB in Windows 10?

Hello guys,

I am looking a way to disable ALT+TAB functionality for my Windows 10 device. Is there any cmd or PowerShell command to disable ALT+TAB functionality?

Background:

We have built one application which always get conflicts with ALT+TAB so we want to disable the functionality for the peace of working with the application. This because of this function and they way we developer has built our application we are very annoyed. ALT+TAB is the must features to have in our application so we are left only option to disable windows 10 functionality

Any options?

1 Like

Hi @Cassidy,

I don’t think any option in Windows 10 to disable the ALT+TAB functionality So, I think you can better use any third-party software for this purpose. Please check the AutoHotkey, using this application I think you can change the Windows behavior.

AutoHotkey is a free, open-source custom scripting language for Microsoft Windows, initially aimed at providing easy keyboard shortcuts or hotkeys, fast macro-creation and software automation that allows users of most levels of computer skill to automate repetitive tasks in any Windows application.

1 Like

As @tjnihal pointed out there is no native way to disable Alt+Tab in Windows 10. Indeed it was available for Windows 7 and Windows 8 to my knowledge. Instead of disabling Alt+Tab using Windows native method use the AutoHotKey script as suggested by @tjnihal.