Tech

How to disable Tablet mode on Windows 10? In easy ways

Hello guys,

My manager wants me to disable tablet mode on his laptop. I am not sure why but I don’t care now I just need to do what I have told. So, I am looking for the best option probably any group policy editing or registry option to disable tablet mode automatically.

I found the above option in the action center by clicking on the Tablet mode it turns ON and OFF. But this is a manually process. Now I need to disable this button.

Thanks

8 Likes

Enable / Disable Tablet Mode from Registry Settings (Advanced Users Only):

You can enable or disable the Tablet Mode feature using windows registry editor. Please follow the below steps to achieve this:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
  • Type regedit and hit Enter.
  • In registry editor, Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion >ImmersiveShell.
  • When you select Immersiveshell, You will see a DWORD/entry type option named “ Tablet Mode “.
  • To turn off tablet mode, Set its value to 0. To turn on, Set the value to 1. Then, Restart your PC.

Thanks

4 Likes

Registry editing as mentioned by @tjnihal is the only way to disable the tablet mode through a script or what you are saying automatically on the Windows 10 device. I don’t seeing there is a group policy object to control the tablet mode option.

1 Like