How to Enable Reserved Storage in Windows 10?

Hi All,

Yesterday I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 version 1909 from Windows 10 version 1809. Now I have been testing all the Windows 10 version 1909 new features. Microsoft released on feature called Reserved Storage in Windows 10 version 1903. Since I am in Windows 10 version 1909 I am not seeing this feature in the Storage setting. For your reference please check the below image.

How to enable Reserved Storage in Windows 10?

Thanks
Anthon

7 Likes

How to enable ‘Reserved Storage’ on Windows 10

1. Open Start .

2. Search for regedit , right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.

3. Browse the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ReserveManager

4. Double-click the ShippedWithReserves key, and change it value from 0 to 1 .

5. Click the OK button.

Once you’ve completed the steps, reboot your computer, and during the next upgrade (build) releases, Windows 10 will set aside hard drive space for updates.

Thanks

6 Likes

Check Reserved Storage Status:

To find out whether your existing, installed version of Windows has reserved storage enabled, the following commands can be used to query its state:

DISM /Online /Get-ReservedStorageState

Enabling reserved storage:

To enable reserved storage on a device running Windows 10, version 1903 or later, you can run the following command:

DISM /Online /Set-ReservedStorageState /State:Enabled

1 Like

Hi @Reginald,

I am getting error: 87 while running the code DISM /Online /Get-ReservedStorageState

please guide

Hi @Reginald & @Evans,

This DISM command has introduced in the Windows 10 version 2004. I assume you are using either Windows 10 version 1903 or Windows 10 version 1909. @Evans this is the reason you are getting the error: 87 in your PC

Thank you so much my friend.