Why my Windows 10 version 1909 doesn't have Reserved Storage setting? How to enabled it?

Hi,

I was planning to upgrade my Windows 10 version 1809 to Windows 10 version 1909. While looking for the feature I found Microsoft has released a new feature called Reserved Storage. Now I have upgraded my PC and I am currently on Windows 10 1909 version but I am no where finding the Reserved Storage setting.

This is my current storage setting page here you can see I don’t have Reserved Storage option.

Why my Windows 10 version 1909 doesn’t have Reserved Storage setting?

Thanks

8 Likes

Reserved Storage feature is enable by default to the pre-installed or during the clean Windows 10 installed OS. If you are not seeing this feature means your Windows 10 upgraded from any previous version of Windows 10 like Windows 10 version 1803 or Windows 10 version 1809 etc.,.

Please follow the below practice to enable Reserved Storage in your Windows 10 PC.

How to enable ‘Reserved Storage’ on Windows 10

1. Open Start .
  2. Search for regedit , right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
  3. Browse the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ReserveManager

1. Double-click the ShippedWithReserves key, and change it value from 0 to 1 .image
  2. Click the OK button.

Check this post for more information :

4 Likes

As per the Microsoft Statement the Reserved Storage feature will be enable during the next upgrade (build) releases, Windows 10 will set aside hard drive space for updates.

3 Likes

First confirm you have enabled the Reserved Storage for your Windows 10 device and make sure you are using Windows 10 version 1903 and higher version.

To find out whether your existing, installed version of Windows has reserved storage enabled, the following commands can be used to query its state:

DISM /Online /Get-ReservedStorageState