How to recover deleted user profile in Windows 10?

Hi,

In our company we do not have any restrictions on using the fixed Windows 10 desktop for all of our users so, every Windows 10 device has around 10 to 15 user-profiles and most of them left unused or rarely used. So, we decided to control and clean up the C:\Users folder if the user hasn’t logged on in 31 days. This was very helpful and we never had any issues due to this practice. Otherwise, we would be running out of C: drive space on our workstations over a long period of time.

But we have got one problem now we need to recover one delete user profile which has some important information and now my manager is after me to recover the whole user profile. I am not sure if this is possible or not but when I ask the user to login we did a get new user profile.

One thing he was sure that he has all the files in the Documents folder which is (C:\Users\user profile\Documents)

The computer is running Windows 10 version 1809.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Fawell,

Since you have already deleted the folder. Your will option is to use some recovery software like EaseUS or DataRescue etc., that recovery software can help you recover the deleted user profile.

Best of luck

1 Like

Check the PC has any restore point prior to when the user profile was deleted. If you are lucky and you had the restore point. Recovering your PC with the restore point will be the best solution.