How to reset the Windows 10 after every restart?

Hi guys,

I am looking for your valuable advice on one of my new requirement. For one of my neighbor shops, I have to configure his PC something like new on every restart. Few staff is working in his shop and using only 3 Windows 10 computers on shift bases. Whenever a user leave the shop and shuts down or restarts the PC and when the new user login all of the existing user’s files should be gone.

So, I need your help to achieve it. We need to delete only the files on the D and the E drives if the users left any. Other than this no need to reset any software or Windows 10 apps.

If any question please ask I am ready to explain

Thanks

11 Likes

Hi @Lincoln,

Why do you try Windows Kiosk Mode? Learn more about Windows 10 Kiosk Mode below:

What is Windows 10 Kiosk Mode:

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode is an advanced security technology that enables Windows 10 devices to be locked to a single app or a specific set of apps. Kiosk Mode is especially helpful to lock down Windows 10 devices that are used for a specific purpose such as self-check-in kiosks at airports; point-of-sale (POS) terminals at self-service restaurants; digital signage used for advertising as it also ensures users cannot modify device settings, access other features or apps on the devices.

While Windows 10 Single App Mode is an in-build functionality, it only allows devices to be locked to a single Microsoft Store app, unlike the Windows Kiosk Mode enabled using a Kiosk Software for Windows devices. A Windows 10 Kiosk software or just a Windows Kiosk software allows devices to be provisioned with multiple apps in the Windows 10 Kiosk Mode.

6 Likes

Since you wanting to delete only the files located in D drive or E drive. I think you can create some script to delete the files in the D drive or E drive and run it as a log off script or log in script using task scheduler or group policy option.

2 Likes