How To Stop Google Photos Backup in Android, iOS and Web

Google Photos offers an easy way to save and organise your favourite moments. However, there may be situations where automatic backup functions need to be disabled for different purposes, such as managing storage capacity, backing up specific content, or switching to another service.

This guide will take you through a preventive measure for Google Photos backups mouth on different platforms, addressing potential issues and providing useful FAQs.

Understanding the Backup Process:

Before diving in, it’s critical to understand how Google Photos backup works. When enabled, the app transfers photos and videos out of your to your Google Drive from your device.

This can be the most effective way to lose space for your device and make certain your images and files are safe from unintentional loss. However, it additionally consumes storage space for your Google Drive, and you need to control this system.

How To Stop Google Photos Backup on Android

Now, let’s explore how to stop Google Photos backup on different devices:

• Open the Google Photos app.

• Tap the three dots in the top proper nook.

• Select “Photos settings.”

• Under “Backup & sync,” toggle the switch off.

How To Stop Google Photos Backup on iOS:

• Open the Google Photos app.
  • Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
  • Select “Settings.”

How To Stop Google Photos Backup on Web:

• Go to Google Photos
  • Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
  • Select “Settings.”

Additional Options:

• Manage Specific Folders: Want to exclude specific folders from backup? On Android, go to “Backup & sync” settings and tap “Device folders.” Deselect the folders you don’t want to upload.
  • Choose Upload Quality: You can adjust the upload quality (Original or Storage saver) to manage storage usage. On Android, go to “Backup & sync” settings and tap “Upload size.” On iOS, go to “Settings” and tap “Upload size.”

Common FAQs:

Will stopping backup delete my existing photos from Google Drive?

No, stopping backup will not delete photos already uploaded to Google Drive. However, new photos and videos taken after disabling backup won’t be uploaded automatically.

Can I resume backup later?

Yes! You can easily re-enable backup by following the same steps mentioned earlier and toggling the switch back on.

What if I exceed my Google Drive storage limit?

You can purchase additional storage space from Google or consider alternative backup solutions like external hard drives or other cloud storage services.

How can I ensure my photos are backed up elsewhere?

You can also manually transfer images to other cloud storage services, external hard drives, or computers for backup.

Are there any security concerns when stopping backup?

It’s important to notice that disabling backup way your images and movies are not routinely backed as much as the cloud. This may want to pose a hazard if your device is lost, broken, or stolen. Consider alternative backup solutions for comprehensive safety.