How to uninstall application using Group Policy editor or Script?

Hi,

I am working for a small company with a capacity of 100 computers. Due to Covid-19 now everyone is working from home and this has made me very difficult to control all the devices in my company.

Since we are a domain environment we are already using Group Policy and PowerShell Scripts and CMD scripts to control and limit some parts of activity in Windows 10. Now I want a way to uninstall applications from the end-users Windows 10 device. For you notice we are currently using Windows 10 version 1809 and about to upgrade to the Windows 10 version 1909 sooner.

Please tell me the easy way to Uninstall the particular application from the Windows 10 end-user device.

Thanks
JJ

5 Likes

Try a batch file:

wmic product where name =“PROGRAM-NAME-AS-PER-WMIC” call uninstall

and deploy the script however you wish (logon etc)

4 Likes

You cannot uninstall any application through group policy option if the application package is not installed through group policy. Group Policy option can be only helpful if the application package was installed through group policy otherwise it cannot help you and you have to depend on another option like @JesseJ has mentioned above.

Thanks

3 Likes