How would you pick the right graphic card?

What you consider before buying a graphic card? First time I have been looking for a nVidia cards but little confused with their series and models. Is there any website where I can compare all the active cards and choose the right one? also, what does matters to on a graphic card

Welcome @RafathR
No doubt Nvidia is best company for graphics card.
It is depend on you for which purpose you are purchasing Graphic Card.
There are several factors to look for in graphics card

1. Video RAM (VRAM) size example:2GB,4GB
  2. Graphics Processing unit (GPU)
  3. Image Quality
  4. Power supply Requirement
  5. Output ports such as HDMI
  6. Types of slots on motherboard that support PCIexpress

Sharing the link for selecting Graphics card

1 Like

Also you need to choose right power supply. you can calculate which power supply do you need from here

2 Likes

Well, IMO its depends on your necessities, If you’re on budget then Ryzen 5 isn’t too shabby for daily office uses, if you’re graphic designer or developer, RTX series by Nvidia would suits perfect for rendering.

Nowadays, any graphic cards are decent compare to 5-8 years ago, efficient-wise power and sorta so it’s quite relative wide range of suggestions.

1 Like

PC partpicker is a good website for looking at hardware compatibility.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

Have you already started building the PC or are you wanting to add the graphics card to an existing PC for gaming purposes? While building and configuring a PC is MUCH easier than it was in years past, there are still some things you should know before building. For example, don’t buy an expensive 2080Ti card and pair it with an i3, the CPU will bottleneck the graphics card. I guess we need more knowledge of the purpose of the card and the PC in which it will be installed.

2 Likes

Hi @RafathR

1st thing - you have to buy your graphics card based on what Processor chip that you are using. because some older version of Processor chip will bottleneck the performance of the graphics card.
Check : https://pc-builds.com/calculator/

2nd - try to buy a graphics card that has more than 4GB memory. because in future it can able to manage high end Games or Softwares.

Try GTX 1060 6gb ,its a medium level graphics that can handle most of the things with cheaper price

1 Like

Hey there!
I recomend NVIDIA
Try this link How to Choose a Graphics Card 2022 - Newegg Insider