Hi, recently when I go to a certain part of my home, internet connection on my Mid-2015 Macbook drops. It’s definitely not an issue with the internet, I’ve removed and reinstated the network, reset the ram, changed to Google’s DNS, nothing helped. How can I fix this?
I hope you find this article useful enough to solve your issue
Reasons Why Internet Keeps Dropping
If you encounter Internet drops, there are multiple reasons why this can happen. Here are just to name the obvious ones:
- Issue with the ISP’s infrastructure.
- You are connected to a bad Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Defective cable from your modem / router to your computer.
- Wi-Fi hotspot strength is insufficient – you may be near the edge of the WiFi network.
- Wi-Fi network is overloaded – happens in crowded areas – on the street, stadiums, concerts, etc.
- Wireless interference with other Wi-Fi hotspots or devices nearby.
- Network adapter outdated drivers or modem / router outdated firmware
How to Fix Internet Connection Drops – May or May Not Work
Here are some potential fixes for your Internet keeps dropping connection issues:
- Move closer to the Wi-Fi router / hotspot. In case of suspected interference – move your router in a different place
- Update your network adapter drivers and modem / router firmware by checking the manufacturers’ websites.
- Power cycle (restart) your router, smartphone and computer.
- Check the cable that runs into your modem / router and the one that connects that to your computer.
- If on a public Wi-Fi network, connect to another one.
Ultimately, you can contact your ISP about the Internet drops – they might be having a temporary issue.
Tired of trying all sorts of things? Want the guaranteed solution to your Internet keeps dropping issues? Get Speedify!
You can Solve the Internet Keeps Dropping Problem with Speedify
You can buy an internet amplifier, you connect it to a middle point of the hiuse and it will increase the wifi connection