iOS app for sstp vpn connection

Hi,

We are purely windows base environment. For all the remote users we use SSTP VPN (RRAS Server) to connect our work place. Now my boss bought one iPad since apple doesn’t support SSTP I need to find a way to connect his iPad to our work place.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

1 Like
  1. Install Cisco Anyconnect app from App Store
  2. Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck “ Block Untrusted Servers ” to allow it.
  3. Back to Home , tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection .
  4. Enter Description (any name) and Server Address . Tap Save
  5. Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue
  6. Input Username tap Connect , input Password and tap Connect .
  7. Wait for the connection.
2 Likes

Thanks @zura1994,

Let me try and come back to you.

Thanks

Hello,
Please check the link below

Hello

You can use CISCO AnyConnect app

Download and install it from app store

Open Anyconnect app and in Settings section uncheck " Block Untrusted Servers " to allow it.
Capture

Back to Home , tap Connections -> Add VPN Connection . Enter Description (any name) and Server Address . Tap Save

Capture1

Swipe the AnyConnect VPN switch from OFF to ON and tap Continue

Capture2

Input Username tap Connect , input Password and tap Connect . Wait for the connecti

Capture3

try this way I hope it will help you

Hi @CrazyFrog,

Hope you are doing well.

I have one iOS client where I needed to setup L2TP VPN in his device. I was able to make a successful connection with the Cisco Anyconnect app from the App store.

As already mentioned by @zura1994, @kareli1. Please follow the given steps here and let me know if you are facing any issue at the time of configuration.

Thanks

Hello i am from iran here web is filter by goverment i install anyconnect app for open sstp vpn with my iphone but after save vpn when i want connet dont ask username and password if me,and finally dont connect to vpn.i use vpngate.net for vpn address and they work on android verywell.please help and guide me for solve this problem,we need free internet in iran.
(Hajian4911@gmail.com )is my email.if there is enother free app (i cant purchace app from iran because of havenot visa or enother card)or enother way for use sstp vpn with iphone(12 promax,ios16)please inform me.thank

Hi,i am from iran and strongneed for vpn,sstp vpn work here in android but iphone cannot connect to sstp vpn,i install anyconnect app and set a vpn but when making connect buttom on dont ask username and password of me and finally dont connect,please if there is enother free app(because cannot prepare visa,express,…card in iran)or eny way to use sstp vpn inform and guide me,as you know internet is filter by goverment here ,we need free internet ,thanks

Here are some alternative hints for connecting an iPad to your Windows-primarily based place of job:

1. Use L2TP/IPSec VPN: Configure your RRAS server to support L2TP/IPSec VPN connections. L2TP/IPSec is a typically supported VPN protocol on various structures, which include iOS. You’ll need to enable the L2TP/IPSec VPN choice for your RRAS server and configure the vital settings. On the iPad, go to Settings > VPN > Add VPN Configuration and input the required information to connect with the L2TP/IPSec VPN.

2. Utilize a third-party VPN consumer: Instead of Cisco AnyConnect, you can discover other VPN customer apps available within the App Store that help VPN protocols well suited with your RRAS server. Some popular options include OpenVPN Connect, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and IPVanish. Install the favored VPN patron on the iPad and observe the app’s commands to set up the VPN connection the use of the precise VPN protocol.

3. Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP): If the primary cause of connecting the iPad on your administrative center is to access Windows programs and documents, you may don’t forget the use of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). Set up Remote Desktop on a Windows notebook or server that the iPad person wants to hook up with, after which install a far off computer consumer app at the iPad. Microsoft gives a unfastened app referred to as "Microsoft Remote Desktop" in the App Store, which allows you to connect to Windows machines via RDP.

4. Explore alternative VPN answers: If the above options do not meet your necessities, you can explore alternative VPN answers which are well matched with iOS gadgets. For instance, you may bear in mind the use of a hardware VPN equipment or a cloud-based totally VPN service that helps iOS devices. Some famous VPN offerings that offer iOS compatibility include OpenVPN, StrongVPN, and PureVPN.

Remember to assess the security and compatibility necessities of your place of business and pick out an answer that aligns with your corporation’s regulations and infrastructure.