Issues After SSD Installation

I just switched from Vista to Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. I wanted to get better features and faster computer so, apart from OS change, I installed SSD as well. However, as it always happens, I encountered an issue along the way. While installing the SSD, I realised that I was still working in IDE mode, pushing me to go to BIOS and enable AHCI mode. Now, it does not want to recognise the boot drive… Any solution to this would be more than welcome now!

You can change ACHI and IDE from Bios. and if you wand only ACHI. first of all change from BIOS to IDE and start windows, then go to registry editor in this location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\storahci

and Change the Start DWORD value from 3 to 0.

then restart PC and from BIOS settings choose ACHI

1 Like

Did you checked the default bios setting in bios,
may be this would help you out

Hi @Jack

1. Click the Start Button and type cmd
  2. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator
  3. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal (ALT: bcdedit /set safeboot minimal)
  4. Restart the computer and enter BIOS Setup
  5. Change the SATA Operation mode to AHCI from either IDE
  6. Save changes and exit Setup and Windows will automatically boot to Safe Mode.
  7. Right-click the Windows Start Menu once more. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) .
  8. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot (ALT: bcdedit /deletevalue safeboot)
  9. Reboot once more and Windows will automatically start with AHCI drivers enabled.