Keys do not respond after hibernation

When my laptop wakes from hibernation, some of its keys don’t respond. Sometimes they start working again after about thirty minutes, sometimes not. I checked the drivers, they are updated. Recently did a clean install of Win10 ver. 1909, and the keyboard doesn’t seem to have any dust or debris in it. Any advice on how to fix this?

Hello @JohnathanLeS

Would you check it in normal booting, it means you nomal shutdown the laptop without hibernating and check it again.
2. Some of the keys don’t respond or specific keys, if you check then, tell me so i can support you to solve the problem.

Hi @JohnathanLeS,

Try unplugging and replugging the keyboard USB connection or the keyboard’s internal controller may be having problems. Do you have a keyboard you can swap with to see if the problem stays with the keyboard or the computer?

Hello

It will be good if you try to install old version drivers of keyboard. it may fix your problem

I think you have some power management setting issues so you need to set them as under:-

1. Click Start Button
  2. Windows+C button
  3. In the search bar type Power Option and Enter
  4. Change Advance Power Settings
  5. Power Option…Expand PCI Express…Link State Power Management
  6. Click on every individual option i.e. On Battery and Plugged In (in case of laptop) and Select OFF
    The issue will be resolved

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that might help.

• Open Task Manager, press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press OK.

• In Device Manager expand keyboard and right click on the driver for keyboard then select Properties.

• Go to Power Management tab and remove the check on “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” then click OK.

• Reboot the PC and test it again.

• If that doesn’t work go back to Device Manager then Uninstall the keyboard driver and reboot the laptop so it would install the driver back automatically.