MacBook refuses to update Catalina OS

My MacBook refuses to update Catalina OS for a while now. Everything was fine until yesterday, when update reaches 90% and keeps being frozen at that percentage. I would restart the process, restart the computer, internet connection, everything, and nothing works. Where could be the issue since I am not even getting the error report on it?

Hello, check the below steps to resolve the issue.

1. Check compatibility

If you’re using one of these computers with OS X Mavericks or later you can install macOS Catalina. Your Mac also needs at least 4GB of memory and 12.5GB of [available storage space] or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier.

[MacBook] introduced in 2015 or later
[MacBook Air] introduced in 2012 or later
[MacBook Pro] introduced in 2012 or later
[Mac mini] introduced in 2012 or later
[iMac] introduced in 2012 or later
iMac Pro (all models)
[Mac Pro] introduced in 2013 or later

1. Make a backup

Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available.

1. Get connected

It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you’re using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.

1. Download macOS Catalina

If you’re using macOS Mojave, Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.

1. Begin installation

After downloading, the installer opens automatically.

1. Allow the installation to complete

Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.

Hope this helps.