I Read this on Microsoft Official Website for minimal requirements:
- Latest OS: Make sure you’re running the latest version—either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800 x 600
But I want to Know?
what is the lowest generation of i3 and i5 that Windows 10 can run on?
I’m looking for a definitive answer from a higher source, possibly a KB article or something from Microsoft themselves.
I thought no i3 at all for their work environment and nothing below i5 4th generation and over 5 years of age.
My reason being nothing below i5 4th gen is.
I have a friend who’s devices being of Lenovo Thinkpad brand/model we tried installing Windows 10 x64 bit and it was constant hang-ups and stuttering and common factor was always 4th gen and below processors.
Maybe since then drivers and the image has become friendlier but I’m kind of wondering as more feature updates for Windows 10 rollout will there be more issues down the road as to minimal requirements?
I’m probably overthinking this and there isn’t any reason to be hesitant at all but I’d like other inputs,
please guide us.