This is very strange, I think it could be a bug where windows explorer (and desktop) does not refresh by its self. I have had it working before, editing the donotrefresh registry worked. But this time it did nothing…
The following troubleshooting steps I followed:
- Registry edit donotrefresh key
- Restore folder display defaults
- Network drives - I don’t have any but I still did the procedure to make sure.
- Restore default icons
- Rebuilding icon cache and thumbnail cache
- Killing/Restarting Explorer.exe
None of the above was helpful.
Please help this is getting so annoying