I’m having a problem that has been occurring for some time now. My system got infected, and I’m using Win10 and that I’m not able to install Malwarebytes. It says that I must install FRST.exe. How can I fix this? Any suggestions?
Can you download the FRST.exe tool from this link Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download.
The genuine FRST64.exe file is a software component of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is a diagnostic tool for detecting malware and issues created by malware on Windows PCs. FRST64.exe runs the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool. This is not a Windows component and may uninstalled if not required.
The Far Recovery Scan Tool is a portable yet complex tool used for diagnosing and repairing issues related to malware infections. The tool is often used complementarily along with other anti-malware solutions such as Malwarebytes. The tool is more suitable for advanced users comfortable with writing command-line arguments. The tool outputs a text file with relevant data that may assist administrators in rectifying the problem.
Enter System Recovery Options .
To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
- Restart the computer.
- As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
- Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next .
- Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next .
- Select your user account an click Next .