Office 365 Prevent User to Change Profile Picture

My company staff is frequently changing the their Profile picture at the beginning my management was fine with it. But now they have asked me to take over the access and maintain similar pictures.

So, what will be the best practice to prevent it??

3 Likes

Set-OWAMailboxPolicy applies only for OWA and users can able to change their photos from other O365 services. Also this policy will take effect after 60 minutes,

1 Like

Hi @sharif5209,

I suggested NOT to overwrite any existing policy If you want to disable the feature for a specific set of users, then you can create a new Outlook Web App Policy and assign it to those who you wish to disable this feature, and then run the command as @umer has suggested.

When you run Get-OwaMailboxPolicy | Set-OwaMailboxPolicy -SetPhotoEnabled $false without defining an Outlook Web App Policy by using -Identity parameter, it disables the feature for all Outlook Web App Policies in your tenant. Including the default Outlook Web Access Policy.

Get-OwaMailboxPolicy -Identity “OWAPolicy_Name” | Set-OwaMailboxPolicy -SetPhotoEnabled $false

Thanks

5 Likes

I just to share that user pictures in Office 365 are controlled entirely via online Exchange. Changing the OWA policy should prevent users from changing their picture via any method, even if they don’t have a mailbox.

2 Likes

I followed this step long ago, but today I have found one of my users seems to have changed his profile image. While confirming I found out he has changed his profile image through Microsoft Team.

Does this setting not apply for Microsoft Team?? I thing Microsoft Team is overight this permission for Office 365 setting

This is 2023 and still Microsoft Teams don’t have the option to prevent user from changing their profile picture. Microsoft Teams has it owns admin center in M365 portal but not sure why Microsoft hasn’t given this option for admin to prevent profile picture changing.

I can see frequently our employees changing their profile picture that is against our company policy most of them are the new employees. Hoping Microsoft consider adding this feature to soon.