When I boot the PC, I get two boxes that show a parser error. One is with HPHC_Scheduler.exe and the other is GfxUI.exe. Both of them indicate this pathway: C:/windows/microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/config/machine.config. Parser returned error 0xC00CE556. I tried to apply some fixes but to no avail. Anyone knows what is this about?
This is a terrible issue in some cases none of the solution was helpful you may need to clean install your windows. Check this below troubleshooting steps and please let me know if it was helpful.
- GoTo Control Panel --> Uninstall a program
- Select “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Uncheck .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 4.5)
Note : it may take lots of time to open .net framework application
- Restart computer
- Activate the .NET Framework 3.5 following the same above menthod (includes .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 4.5) by Check the all and OK
- Select Download files from Windows Update
- Windows features will download and install a new .NET Framework
Please check the reinstalling the .net 3.5 was helpful else let us know.
From your question it is clear that it is most probably related to the .NET Framework software or rather .NET Framework-related machine.config file.
- Click Win key + R.
- Type C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727/config in the run dialogue box and press Enter .
- Locate the machine.config.default file and copy it to another location (e.g. Desktop).
- If the UAC appears, click OK or Agree to proceed.
- Rename it to machine.config .
- The copy the file and place it in the *C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config* directory.
- Reboot the system.
If, unfortunately, this method did not work, it might be that you need to perform a clean install of Windows 10 as said by @tjnihal .
Please check the link below.