Phone accessing the home UI on its own

I need to understand what I am looking at – my phone has shown activity early in the morning, with action being phone accessing the home UI. Trouble is, I did not do it. It happened twice already at the same time. I also checked whether the phone was hacked and got (thankfully) a negative answer. What could be the issue?

1 Like

Hi @Lexer Welcome to the community!! :bouquet:

I think you are facing Ghost touch problem. A ghost touch (or touch glitches) are the terms used when your screen responds to presses that you’re not actually making, or when there’s a section of your phone screen that’s completely unresponsive to your touch. Exactly what the ‘ghost’ presses will do varies from device to device, but it seems to be more common in some devices than others.

In more severe cases it’s a hardware problem with your display and the way its housed inside the chassis of your phone. In other situations, water or dirt damage (or beneath the screen protector) can cause ‘phantom’ presses that aren’t being made.

There’s no definitive single cause, or fix, for the problem, however, so you’ll have to use some trial and error if out of warranty.

For some devices, using a screen testing app can show up dead zones that might be helped with some of the suggestions below. the problem for you is being caused by a screen protector that’s got a tiny piece of dirt stuck behind it. The advice there is to remove it, clean your screen thoroughly and then replace the screen protector.