We were accessing our client PC using TeamViewer for a long time. To be honest we were using as Personal use, not as commercial use in a short word we were using TeamViewer without paying them.
As we are violating the TeamViewer agreement we discussed for the best possible option and decided to access the PC vice-versa Via Remote Desktop Connection.
Both, Office has a Firewall so we made a VPN connection in between But while accessing the PC with RDP I keep getting authentication failure error as shown below:
I have used RDP for millions of times in my life but this error is very annoying please help.
Hey you may try these steps
Solution 1: Install updates on the target computer
The first and the most recommended solution to this issue is to update the target computer on which you are trying to connect remotely. Go to Windows Update and check for updates. Install all the updates specifically related to CVE-2018-0886.
Specifically, if the target computer is running Windows Server 2016, you should install KB4103723 and if you are using Windows Server 2012 R2, then you should install KB4103725.
A server reboot will be required after installing these updates.
If you do not want to update the computer or it’s not in your access then you can try the other solutions listed below.
Solution 2: Using Group Policy
- Go to Run –> gpedit.msc to open Group Policy Editor.
- Go to the following policy path:
Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → System → Credentials Delegation
Credentials Delegation group policy
- From the right-hand pane, open Encryption Oracle Remediation .
- Select Enabled and set the protection level to Vulnerable .
Encryption Oracle Remediation policy
- Go to command prompt and run the following command:
This will apply the group policy immediately and you will be able to use Remote Desktop without restarting the computer.
Solution 3: Using Registry Editor
The same thing can be achieved through Windows Registry. Here are the steps:
- Go to Run –> regedit to open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following key:
- In the right-hand pane, edit the DWORD value of AllowEncryptionOracle key to 2.
- If you can’t find the key, you will need to create it. Otherwise, you can download the following registry file, double-click to run it and it will automatically create the key and set it for you.
CredSSP Parameters Registry (364 bytes, 8,595 hits)
Solution 4: Uninstall updates from your computer
Another workaround is to uninstall the updates from your computer. If you are using Windows 10 Version 1709, you should uninstall the update KB4103727 and KB4103718 if you’re running Windows 7. Uninstalling these updates requires the computer to be restarted.