Restoring Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 all version

Hi,

I believe I am not the first person on this issue and hoping someone would have already found a way to solve this problem. Windows 10 Officially replaced the Windows Photo Viewer with Photos App from the beginning. Comparing Windows Photo Viewer to the new Windows 10 Photos App there is a lot of advantages and disadvantages which not everyone agrees.

Before the launch of Windows 10 in my company, all of our staff were using Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. When our management decided to fully upgrade all of our Windows devices to Windows 10 version not everyone is happy about new Photos App on Windows 10.

One of the main reasons to dislike about the Photo App comparing to Windows Photo Viewer is Photo App is very slow and it takes time to load every time when we open any photos. But Windows Photo Viewer doesn’t like that, it is quicker and faster from the beginning to the end.

Sometimes Photos App gets through some silly errors while opening which most of the time resolve by restarting the PC. After the Windows 10 version upgrade I have noticed Photo and Calc App doesn’t work for few users and we had to recreate the user profile on the affected devices.

Microsoft still retains the Windows Photo Viewer on the upgraded computers like the devices which were upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 but not in the fresh installed Windows 10. This behavior is same no matter which version of Windows 10 you are using if you have installed a clean Windows then Windows Photo viewer won’t be available on your device.

My Question:

It’s been more than 2 years all of our staff are using Windows 10 from 1607 to 1909 but still some of our staff are requesting to restore Windows Photo Viewer and but we are a company of 200 devices and 90% of them working from home due to Covid-19. So, now my only chances are to find a way to restore the old photo viewer and manage a centralized way to restore on all of our company computers.

Note: All of our Windows 10 devices are running a mix of Windows 10 version 1909 and 2004 and all of them are connected to a domain, which is running Windows server 2012.

I will appreciate any tips or suggestion on this request

Thanks