Storage Sense How to enable it automatically in Windows 10?

Hi All,

One of the few feature I love in Windows includes Storage sense. I have been using Storage sense for a while and I am very satisfied with it. But the only downside it, We have to enable it manually in order to use it.

I am looking for a registry or group policy editor option to enable storage sense automatically on the Windows 10 device.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks

7 Likes

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor. (see screenshot below)

**Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Storage Sense**

3. In the right pane of Storage Sense in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Storage Sense policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

1. Now open Allow Storage Sense Policy changed it from Not Configured to Enabled.

Check for the other policies related to Storage Sense. If needed enabled or disabled the other policies also.

Thanks

7 Likes

Hi @Palmer,

There is one another way to enable Storage Sense using Registry. If the above @AnthonyD suggestion using Group Policy editor wasn’t helpful then try the following registry edit:

How to enable Storage Sense using Registry setting:

1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.

2. Type regedit , and click OK to open the Registry .

3. Browse the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\StorageSense\Parameters\StoragePolicy Quick Tip: On Windows 10, you can now copy and paste the path in the Registry’s address bar to quickly jump to the key destination.

4. Double-click the 01 DWORD and set its value from 0 to 1 .

5. click Ok.

In any chance you need to disable the storage sense automatically you can follow the below option:

How to Disable Storage Sense using Registry setting:

1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.

2. Type regedit , and click OK to open the Registry .

3. Browse the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\StorageSense\Parameters\StoragePolicy Quick Tip: On Windows 10, you can now copy and paste the path in the Registry’s address bar to quickly jump to the key destination.

4. Double-click the 01 DWORD and set its value from 1 to 0 .

5. click Ok.

3 Likes