The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

All of sudden my PC become very slow I am not able to do anything in the PC due to slowness. So, I thought best way to tackle the issue to run the same version of Windows 10 update in the PC like Windows 10 Refresh option. So, I am trying to upgrade from 1809 to 1809 however continually get the error

Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D

The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

The installation took almost 5 hours every time and again comes to the above error. I have spent many hours researching and trying the various option solutions offered, however to no avail as I still get the same error.

Each attempt is several hours so trying, again and again, is not going to yield any positive results without understanding the fundamental problem.

Please advise on the process to upload the respective Logs advise which ones are key such that a more informed technical developer can review such and advise as to the ROOT CAUSE, rather than the current “hit and miss” process.

1 Like

Hello @tjnihal

How are you? I hope you will be fine.

Are you installing this in new PC or are you installing in old PC?
follow the steps given in the link to solve your problem.

1 Like

It seems you’re encountering an error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D while trying to upgrade your Windows 10 version. Let’s address this issue step by step:

Check Disk Health:

• Open Command Prompt as admin.
  • Type “chkdsk c: /r” and press Enter.
  • Restart and check Event Viewer after the scan.

Troubleshoot Updates:

• Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
  • Run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Review AppData Migration:

• Transfer AppData cautiously to prevent setup issues.
  • Create a new admin account if needed.

Address Corrupted Files:

• Run Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix system file errors.