The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed. Error with Windows 10 device

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 PC which is running with the version 1909. We are a domain environment, I have got a complaint from one of my user who is working from home that he wasn’t able to log in his user account and getting the below error: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

This PC was upgraded last week from Windows 10 version 1903 to Windows 10 version 1909. For the last one week it didn’t had any issues and working fine.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Make sure this PC able to ping the domain with or without FQDN and IP address. If the ping request is timeout then your PC not communicating the domain. Follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

1. Turn Off the firewall and check
  2. Swtich to another ISP and check
  3. Above not worked exist the domain and rejoin again.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Fletcher,

I have had this error 100s of time. This error cause when the domain computer is not able to reach the domain server. Make sure the client is reachable to the server. I thin you are using VPN to connect your device to the server make sure your VPN is routing properly to the domain server.