This app has been blocked for your protection. Windows 10 version 1809

Hi People,

This is my personal laptop. I am getting this error while opening services.msc, task scheduler, computer management like some of the administrative tool in my Windows 10 laptop.

Error title: This app has been blocked for your protection.
Error description: An administrator has blocked you fro running this app. For more information, contact your adminstrator

I am the administrator for this laptop and I have a single account in this laptop. This laptop was working fine till last week. I didn’t this error but now sure from when I am getting this error. This error is very annoying. I am the only person using this laptop So, I can guarantee I didn’t made any changes to the Windows 10 setting.

What could have went wrong on my laptop?

Other information:

Windows OS : Windows 10 version 1809
Antivirus Application : Kasperky advance security

Thanks

4 Likes

Step 1. Uninstall the Kaspersky AntiVirus Application, restart your PC and check if the error is disappear. If not
Step 2. Refresh the Windows 10 OS with the same version or to the next available version. When you Refresh your OS or upgrade to the newer version all of the Windows OS get replaced So, there is a good 100% chance this error get resolved.

Thanks

Try the below solution is working for you:

1. Open Run and type: secpol.msc

2. Click on Local Policies

3. Look for, and right-click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode

4. Select properties and then Disable