"This device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for Windows Hello" Windows 10 Issue

Hey all,

Suddenly I was forced to change my PIN from 5 digits to 6 digits.

Today morning when I logged into my computer, Windows forced me to change my login PIN from my 5 digits one to a 6 digit one. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t back out of the menu or skip. After changing it, I tried to revert the PIN to the previous one from the Settings menu. But now I could not able to change it.

Windows Hello 999tech.co.uk

This is the first time I am having this issue I’ve never had this issue before, and I am trying to find any solution online but I can’t find anything online that matches my situation. I also tried changing my account from Local to an Outlook account, and then back to a Local (which is what it is now).

If anyone could help me out here, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Fawell,

This is an enterprise security feature so that if anyone steals your device, they cannot able access any organizational content without at least matching the same level of complexity. It effectively makes an “offsite” device about as secure as an “onsite” device (well, within practical reason).

Otherwise, the standard method for “hacking” would simply be to steal laptops (i.e.: belong to a student/employee), until you found someone who had a weaker password.

I think the above error seems to be the mail in your work or school account does not belong to you, but to your organization. They need to be able to control how it is used and by whom. They also need to protect it in case your device is lost or stolen, and so enforcing certain minimum security practices is normal.

If you cannot able to change your PIN to add another digit, then you will need to avoid using that email account in the Mail app or in Outlook. You can always log in to your school’s email online using your web browser.

1 Like