Unactivated Windows 10? What Happen If I didn't activate the Windows 10? Can I use Windows 10 unactivated?

Hi All,

I am not sure is the right questions to ask, I have one Windows 10 PC for which I have bought the Windows 10 license neither Windows 10 Home version or Windows 10 Pro version. I happen to install the Windows 10 OS last month. I was using Windows 7 on this before actually this is a very old PC.

It’s been more than one month Windows 10 is working fine without any issue but with a water mark saying as Windows 10 is not activated. So, now my question is What if I don’t activated the Windows 10? How long I can use the Windows 10 OS? because I could see any difference to a Windows 10 activated PC vs Windows 10 unactivated PC.

Hopefully someone answer to my question

Thanks
Jack

3 Likes

Hi @Jackson,

What if I don’t activate the Windows 10?

You are allowed to utilize an unactivated Windows 10 without any restrictions for one month after installing it. After one month, you will be applied some restrictions until you buy a genuine version of the Windows 10 license. Soon after the one month, you will see some “Activate Windows now” notifications. Windows will send out regular notifications requesting that users activate the OS. Furthermore, the Activation tab in Settings will include a notification requesting that users activate the OS with a product key. Their users can click Change product key or a Go to Store option to purchase and activate Windows 10.

How long I can use the Windows 10 OS?

You can run Windows 10 indefinitely without activation as long as you wish at the moment. Note, however, that Microsoft’s retail agreement only authorizes users to utilize Windows 10 with a valid product key.

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. This applied to every software you use downloading and utilizing it without purchasing the right to use it is called Piracy. I recommend purchasing a valid license.

6 Likes

I don’t what was your intention here But I strongly recommend you to buy Windows 10 license to avail all of the features offered by Microsoft. As per Microsoft using Windows 10 device without activated or through a pirated key is illegal.

1 Like