"USB printing support" error

A device “USB printing support” does not want to start after upgrading from Win10 v1809 to Win10 v1903, with an error “The I/O request was canceled”. I’ve HP laserJet p2014. I tried everything, and some solutions did work but only temporarily.

1 Like

Hey there!
Check the following link
Hope it helps

Did you re-installed the Printer driver again?

1. HP LaserJet P2014 Printer Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support
  2. HP LaserJet P2014 Driver - Printer Drivers Download

download the latest drivers and install it.

You has to disable the xHCI option in the BIOS, after this setting the issue will be resolved.

To address the USB printing support error, consider the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart both the computer and printer to resolve potential minor glitches.
  2. Inspect the USB connection. Ensure the cable securely links the printer and computer. Alternatively, test with a new USB cable.
  3. Update your printer drivers. Issues might stem from outdated or compromised drivers. Acquire the most recent drivers from the printer’s official site.
  4. Reinstall printer drivers. If a mere update doesn’t resolve the issue, uninstall the printer via the Control Panel’s “Devices and Printers”, then reboot and install the updated drivers.
  5. Utilize the Windows printer diagnostic tool. Found in the Control Panel under “Troubleshooting”, this tool can pinpoint and rectify printer-related issues.
  6. Turn off the USB selective suspend. This power-saving feature might conflict with some printers. Navigate to “Power Options” in the Control Panel, adjust advanced settings, and disable USB selective suspend for both battery and wired modes.
  7. Experiment with another USB port. If the error persists after trying the aforementioned solutions, shift the printer’s connection to an alternate USB port.

If none of the above solutions worked, consider contacting the printer’s manufacturer for expert advice.