What is Windows 10 Pro for Workstation? Why is different from Windows 10 Pro?

So, Today I requested a quotation for a new workstation for my office. Now I am confused by the price of Windows 10 Pro for workstation. My vendor has mentioned $326 as the price for Windows 10 Pro for workstation and I below Windows 10 Pro normal version just cost $176.

This is the first time I am hearing about Windows 10 Pro for workstation. Why this version is costlier than normal version of Windows 10 Pro and where are the difference between both version? and why would anyone buy this version wit this price tag?

My vendor claim I should by Workstation version for my newly purchasing workstation.

I will appreciate any information on this two version of Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks

3 Likes

Windows 10 Pro for Workstation is just a higher version of Windows 10 for expensive PCs with powerful hardware. This version has some Windows server features, which Microsoft has introduced to the Windows 10 desktop version.

You can choose Windows 10 Pro for Workstation if you are buying some high-ends computer otherwise I would suggest buying the normal version of Windows 10 Pro.

2 Likes

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is the newest member of the Windows 10 family and comes with powerful features, most of which are lacking in the previous editions. This high-performance edition of Windows 10 Pro is designed for power users who aim to use Windows 10 on high-performance, server grade software.

As such, it comes equipped with full support for server grade PC hardware, which makes it the best-suited edition to handle intensive workloads and most demanding tasks. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is, therefore, ideal for advanced users looking to deploy workstation computers in highly demanding and critical work.

The value proposition of this edition is to boost performance and enhance the reliability of high-performance PCs. To meet this demand, Microsoft has equipped Windows 10 Pro for Workstations with unique specs that put it in a league of its own. Here are the salient features that make it unique and powerful.