What new in Windows 10 version 1909?

Hi,

We are a small company with around 100 of windows 10 computers. At present we are using windows 10 version 1809 on all the devices. since, windows 10 version 1809 is going for end of life on November 2020 we are now preparing for Windows 10 version 1909 and skipping the Windows 10 version 1903.

Now, I am working on to get to know the features which Microsoft has released in the Windows 10 version 1909. I need to make a list and later which feature can and cannot be allowed for our staff using Windows 10 device.

I would very much appreciate if anyone share the experience with Windows 10.

Thanks

7 Likes

As part of the new features under the hood, Windows 10 version 1909 will ship with support for third-party digital assistants, containers, improved multi-core processor logic, better battery life, and more.

Digital assistant

Starting with version 1909, another new feature includes the ability for Windows 10 to support third-party digital assistants to voice activate above the Lock screen.

Containers

Windows containers require matched host and container version. This restricts customers and limits Windows containers from supporting mixed-version container pod scenarios This update includes several fixes to address this and allow the host to run down-level containers on up-level for process (Argon) isolation.

Processors

Windows 10 is introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class).

Battery life

Windows 10 version 1909 also improves general battery life and power efficiency improvements for devices with certain processors.

Other changes

Computer manufacturers can now implement inking with reduced latency based on the hardware capabilities of their devices rather than being stuck with latency selected on typical hardware configuration by the OS.

Also, in this release, Key-rolling or Key-rotation feature enables secure rolling of Recovery passwords on MDM managed AAD devices upon on demand request from in-tune/MDM tools or upon every time recovery password is used to unlock the BitLocker protected drive. This feature will help prevent accidental recovery password disclosure as part of manual BitLocker drive unlock by users.

2 Likes