What software do you use for cloning a hard drive? to SSD?

Hi Guys,

I am not much of the IT guy. Now I have internal hard disk drive with 1 TB of storage. Currently it hold Windows 10 OS and some important data on my daily task. I backup this drive to my external hard disk every week on Sunday night. Now I am a hard drive cloning software.

Now I have bought a Seagate Barracuda SSD 250 GB internal storage. Now I have to replace my HDD to SSD. As I have already mentioned, I have important data on the drive and I don’t want to loss a single file.

I am looking for the best way to migrate my Windows 10 (version 1909) with all the data to the SSD. I have used Windows 10 Backup and restore before and not sure will this work with SSD and lower sizes of destination storage. There are so many third party software available, but I am not sure which one to trust with.

I would appreciate if anyone point me in the right direction. What software do you use for cloning a hard drive to SSD.?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Addison,

Thank you for asking this question. I personally use Clonezilla for personal and official use and I have used AOMEI software on some occasions. If you are using Windows 10 than Windows native back also does the job.

Why I use Clonezilla is its a free disk cloning and data recovery software, that allows can be copied to a USB stick or DVD drive. Clonezilla boots into your RAM memory so that it can easily copy data on your hard disk to an external drive or internal drive. You can download the Clonezilla iSO file from the internet and mount it to your USB or DVD Drives.

There are other cloning software available on the market as following:

1. MiniTool Partition Wizard
  2. Macrium Reflect
  3. Acronis True Image 2020
  4. EaseUS ToDo Backup
  5. Clonezilla
  6. Paragon Software Hard Disk Manager
  7. O&O Disk Image
1 Like