Where is power button on asus laptop?

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a secondhand ASUS laptop from ebay, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I can’t seem to find the power button. Where is power button on asus laptop? I’ve been searching all around for the laptop, but it’s nowhere to be found.

Could someone please help me out and let me know where I can find the power button on an ASUS laptop? I want to make sure I’m pressing the right button to turn it on or off without accidentally doing something else.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 Like

Hi @Austin, Please check on the detailed explanation to find out where is Power Button on ASUS Laptop on the various model and how to turn on your Asus laptop if you are not seeing or finding a power button.

All laptops, despite being the same in the essence that they are portable laptops, are vastly different due to their ever-changing designs. This can be seen as both a positive and perhaps a negative aspect for some people.

Laptops from companies such as Lenovo, HP, Dell or ASUS generally have laptops that can range from having detachable screens with touch features, power buttons that may or may not even be on top of the keyboard or even be mixed among the keys.

This article will be dealing with where is the power button on ASUS Laptop if you are curious about how to turn it on in case you are not able to locate the power button.

Where is the power button on the ASUS laptop?

Where is power button on ASUS Laptop? This question can often come up as Asus’ laptops generally come with their power button mixed among the wide range of keyboard keys whereas other laptops generally keep their power buttons separate.

Whether it is an ASUS Chromebook or a normal Windows ASUS laptop, you will be able to find the power button on the very top right of the keyboard on the laptop. The key will be denoted with the typical power button circle. Simply press and hold it for the laptop to turn on.

How do I turn on my ASUS laptop without the power button?

Where is power button on ASUS Laptop and how to turn it on without the power button? In variety of cases, the power button may stop functioning, while your local repair center may repair it, the costs may vary.

If you are in a hurry to start up your ASUS laptop, then you may try some of methods below:

Turn ON Your Laptop Using AC Power

You can try this method if your power button is on the verge of breaking down, follow the steps below:

1. Turn on and boot your laptop into BIOS mode by quickly pressing F2, F10 or Delete buttons, you may have to do it by trial-and-error way
  2. In the BIOS menu, go to Advanced Options and find the Wake on AC option or something similar
  3. Enable the option and press F10 to save the settings

By enabling this option, you will be able to turn on your ASUS laptop without pressing the power button. If you want another way, you may try the following method below:

Turn On Your Laptop Using Keyboard

This method can be better for some people as ASUS laptop can be turne don by pressing any keyboard hotkeys. To do this, do the following steps below:

1. Go to the BIOS mode by pressing F10, F2 or Delete.
  2. In the BIOS menu, go to the Advanced Options menu and locate the Wake by Keyboard, resume from Keyboard or any similar option.
  3. Set your key and save the settings by pressing F10.

Conclusion

Where is power button on ASUS laptop? This article should help you learn how to turn on your laptop in the simplest way possible and possible solutions if your power button is not working.

If you have any other queries related to ASUS laptops or HP laptops, don’t forget to comment below!