Why Microsoft Teams Group not showing in outlook?

Hi,

We have been using Microsoft Teams for a long time. Before using Microsoft Teams I remember when we create the Office 365 group in the admin portal the Office 365 group will automatically be visible in the outlook. Now when I go to the outlook I can see only a fewer group which was created almost a year before.

Recently created Office 365 group through Microsoft Teams are not visible in the outlook but the Office 365 group created through the admin portal are visible. I am not sure when changes I have mistakenly made in my admin portal or Microsoft Team admin center.

Please guide.
Thanks

5 Likes

Hi @BarryAllan,

This behaviors from the recent Microsoft changes through the Microsoft Teams. All the Teams created from the Microsoft Teams will hide the Teams group in the outlook. But this will not effected the previously created group before this changed. I think Microsoft claim this request was made through the uservoice by the Microsoft customer and not the Microsoft idea to hide it in the outlook.

4 Likes

If you are the administrator then try to add new Office 365 Groups through Outlook, you could try these steps:

1. Open Outlook and create a new Group

2. Make sure you are not just an Owner of the Group but also a Member

3. Open Teams and create a new Team using the “Add to existing Group” option, selecting the Group that you just created through Outlook

2 Likes

By default all the Teams created through Microsoft Teams will be hidden in outlook. No need to worry Microsoft has given us the option to enable the hidden team in outlook. You need to use the below PowerShell Script to enable the Hidden Teams in the outlook.

How to Unhide Your Team

Please note that you must have Office 365 Administrator permissions for this to work.

In Windows 10 search:

• Search for PowerShell
  • Then right click and choose Run as administrator
  • Next, run the below script after starting PowerShell, cut and paste this script. Makes sure to change the TYPE YOUR GROUP NAME HERE to the group name that you need to unhide.
  • Press Enter on your keyboard. You’ll be prompted to enter your login credentials.

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

$UserCredential = Get-Credential

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

Import-PSSession $Session

set-UnifiedGroup -identity “TYPE YOUR GROUP NAME HERE” -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled:$false

The script will run and that’s it. You should be able to browse your Team from within Outlook. You may need to restart Outlook. If you need to hide a group, change false to true.

2 Likes