Wifi keep reconnecting on my mobile

Hi,

I have a TP-Link AC1200 wireless router. Wifi works fine for Laptop for all the mobile devices in my house wifi keeps reconnecting for few seconds every few hours.

I reset the router to factory reconfigured it few times and network settings in mobiles but none of them helpful

1. Go to “ Settings ” in your Android phone.
  2. Tap on “ Wi-Fi ” option.
  3. Look out for options such as “ Wi-Fi Assistant ” or “ Smart Network Switch ” or “ Auto Network Switch “.
  4. If you see advanced settings , tap on it and look for these options.
  5. They must be in ON mode. Switch these options OFF .
  6. It will solve your Android problem of switching between cell phone data and Wi-Fi networks. It will also solve frequent disconnection of Wi-Fi networks.
2 Likes

Thanks @Winterfell10, Let me try and come back to you.

1 Like

No worries, It could be the auto-switching assistance problem, if problem still persistent, you might need to bring it to the device manufacturer service center for hardware troubleshoot.

1 Like

Hello @Abdulr
If you restart your Router and then Router work properly
it means your router is malfunctioning
You will have to replace the Router.

1 Like

Hi @AbdulR

Change your WIFI frequency in the Router panel and check your connectivity, if the same problem happens try to change your router or use WIFI extender and check.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Yesterday again I reset the router to factory default and this time I didn’t restore the backup instead i reconfigure all the settings by doing this now my WiFi is stable till today. All the time i was restore the backup file to router after reset I think the backup file has also somehow corrupted. So, far everything is fine now. Hope it will get permanently resolved.

Hello

First try to change channels in your TP link router. routers need to have support for all devices to work well with wireless. so check if your router has this support.

Hey there!
Try to turn off the Wi-Fi Assintant or the Auto Network Switch from your phone