Windows 10 Activation troubleshooter not detecting my license key

Hi,

I have a computer with Windows 10 version 1909 running on it. Last week I had a corrupt RAM on the PC due to this I had a multiple BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) and my Windows 10 OS crashed.

Even after replacing the BAD corrupted RAM my PC still getting only BSOD critical process died error.

I decided to reset the PC through Windows 10 BIOS troubleshooting, but Windows 10 Reset also failed with the error “There was a problem resetting your PC”.

Finally, I installed a fresh, clean Windows 10 OS and installed all the required software, but now I am not able to activate the Windows 10 keep getting the below error:

AFAIK, Windows 10 should automatically detect my Windows 10 key through activation troubleshooter but its keep failing. I have a genuine key, but why Windows is not detecting it?

I don’t have the key in my hand because this PC is OEM licensed.

Any Suggestion or guidance is appreciated.

Thank

1 Like

Hi, I forgot to add the error image.

Please find it below:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Palmer,

Thank for sharing the error for our reference. To avoid this types of error Microsoft recommends and gives us a way to secure our Windows 10 License by linking it to Microsoft account. Why you link your Windows 10 digital license to your Microsoft account, your license will be secure and you can get it back by signing to your PC again with the Microsoft account.

Now to add a Microsoft account that you want to remember your product key. Go the to below location

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Accounts.
  3. Click on Your info.
  4. Click the Sign in with your Microsoft account instead button.
  5. Now complete the sign-in option with your Microsoft account username and credential

Note: This process will change your account type from local to a Microsoft account and you will be created a new Windows 10 profile.

I assume now you have completed your sign-in process and can verify that your Windows 10 digital license is linked to your Microsoft account by following these steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & security.
  3. Click on Activation.

If you can see the message as shown in the above image “Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account”. congratulations, you have successfully linked your Windows 10 digital license to your Microsoft account.